CareConnect has many document features that can be used to streamline enrollment, register new families, and collect required documentation for your program. For new or returning students, administrators can customize and send Documents in CareConnect to collect key information and required documents from families.
- Document Process Overview
- Send Document(s)
- Void Pending Document(s)
- Send Document Reminder
- Receive Document(s) in CareConnect
- Return Document(s)
- Add Document(s) Received From Email or Mail
- Update Document Info
Document Process Overview
In the Documents module you will find the Documents Tab with five tabs to help you manage the document process. The tabs and their functions are as follows:
- All: Shows history of all documents sent to and received from families.
- Draft: Lists documents that have been generated but not yet sent to families. Once generated, user can send one or multiple documents after reviewing them. User also has the option to present the document to parents to sign in person. Each document in this list is sorted based on Site and Create Date.
- Pending: Lists any documents that have been sent to the family and are required to be completed and returned to your program. You can send personalized reminders to parents here, otherwise CareConnect will send daily reminders to parents automatically.
- Received: Once a family has completed their document, the submitted document will appear in the Received tab for your review. User can accept or return the document(s) here.
- Accepted: Once a document has been reviewed and deemed acceptable, a user may Accept the document after which it will appear in the Accepted tab.
Tips: Document access control
User can view documents generated from and sent to the sites user has access to. Administrator has access to documents at all sites.
Follow the steps below to begin drafting your documents:
1. Locate the family you would like to send documents to and access their Family Profile.
2. From the Family Profile, select the Documents tab.
3. Select the New Document button. You will have two options available to send documents
- Form: You can generate document(s) from existing form templates in your program's pre-configured Form Library.
- File: You may use this option to send any file (doc, docx, jpg, jpeg, pdf, png) to parents.
Select the Form option, a popup window will appear where you can select from existing forms in your Form Library. If you do not see any forms, it means you do not have any forms configured yet. To learn how to configure, see CareConnect Provider - Form Library.
- Site: System defaults to the current site the student is enrolled with. Site selection is required to send document(s).
- Due: Due date is used by the system to send auto email reminders to parents to complete required documents.
- Tags: Tags helps program admin to organize forms into groups such as Enrollment, Billing, Certification...etc.
- Types: There are two Types of documents generated
- Send Only: requires no return
- Send and Required: parent needs to complete and send back
Select one or more forms, then click "Save". System will generate documents from the selected form template(s) and bring you to Draft tab.
4. Once the documents are created from form template(s), click on each one to review and make update as needed.
5. After you have completed drafting all documents for your family, you may choose one or more from the Draft list, then click the Send button to send to parents. An email or phone number from at least one parent contact is required in order to send document(s).
Notification with instruction is automatically sent to parents. For parents instruction, please see
- CareConnect Family (Mobile) - Receiving and Completing Documents
- CareConnect Family (Web) - Receiving and Completing Documents
Void Pending Document(s)
Any documents requires return will now appear in the Pending tab with their status changed to Pending along with a Due Date. The document will remain in the Pending Status until the family has submitted the document.
If you need to recall sent document(s), you can click each Document hyperlink and select the Void option from the Actions menu. Once document is voided, parent will not see it under their CareConnect Family account.
Send Document Reminder
CareConnect will send daily reminders to parents automatically.
Receive Document(s) in CareConnect
Once parent has completed the document and submitted it to your program, you will see submitted document(s) under the Received tab with a status of Received.
1. From the Received tab, click each document to review the information.
2. If the document has been filled out correctly and is deemed acceptable, you may mark this document as accepted by locating the Accept button at the top right of your screen. It will then be moved to the Accepted tab where you may download a copy of the document for your records if needed.
If the parent filled out the document incorrectly, you can choose the Return option to send the document back to the family. Once returned, document will be moved from the Received tab back into the Pending tab. Its status will be changed from Received to Returned. Parent will receive return notification.
Tips: When working on a returned form, parents can continue working on the previously submitted form without losing any previously submitted information.
Add Document(s) Received From Email or Mail
For documents received from email or other communication channels outside of CareConnect, you can add documents under the Accepted tab.
Update Document Info
You can update the document properties such as Name, Due, From, Status based on document status. See below for document info update instruction and what can be modified in each status type.
- Draft: Name, Due, From, Status
- Pending: Name
- Received: Name
- Accepted: Name