How do I adjust or modify a charge?
To adjust an invoice created, you can go into the invoice details to make such changes. This modification is only allowed if the invoice is still Planned or Pending status. When the invoice is in the Planned status, you can modify the amount without parents see the previous charge. When the invoice is in Pending status, parents will see the updated amount on FamilyPortal instantly once the change has been made.
If you need to modify an Paid or Partially Paid invoice, then you need to undo all the payments applied to edit that invoice.
A. Modify Invoice with Planned/Pending status
1. Click on the Invoice ID to view the details of the charge.
2. Click on Edit to update the invoice amount
3. Now you can enter a new amount for this invoice. Once you're done, click on Save for an updated invoice.
- You can also any update any information
B. Modify Invoice with Paid/Partially Paid status
With invoice that is Paid and Partially Paid, you will not be able to update any information other than the Program and Comments. Thus, you need to undo the payments that are applied to this invoice to be able to adjust or modify the invoice. Below steps show how you can remove the payments applied to an invoice.
1. Click on the invoice ID to find the payment ID.
Note: If you already know the payment ID that is used to apply for the Partially Paid/Paid invoice that you need to modify, then you can skip this step.
2. After the Invoice details is opened, you can click on the payment ID to undo the invoice applied.
3. Click on Edit to modify the amount applied to $0, this will change the invoice back to the Pending status once you Save this page.
4. Now you can modify the invoice again by clicking on edit or if you need assistance, you can follow through the section A. Modify Invoice with Planned/Pending status section in this guide.
Article is closed for comments.